|Employment Opportunities at The Seven Hills School|
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation, and a copy of his/her transcript to Andi Guess, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail materials to Andi Guess at The Seven Hills School, 5400 Red Bank Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227.
LOWER SCHOOL COUNSELOR
Candidates applying for this full time position must have excellent skills in working with lower school students in order to address academic, personal, and social/emotional needs, and must be able to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty.
The ideal candidate will possess both experience and an advanced degree, preferably with lower school teaching experience. In addition, the candidate will be familiar with designing and implementing a classroom guidance curriculum PK-5. The candidate also needs experience in analyzing and interpreting various types of educational assessments, and writing accommodation plans for the classroom and interest in planning parent education. The position requires team work, empathy, energy, creativity, organization, and a strong commitment to a lively community of students and educators.
MIDDLE SCHOOL COUNSELOR
This full-time position includes counseling students and helping to develop and teach Social and Emotional Learning classes for grades 6-8.
Candidates must have excellent skills in working with Middle School students in order to address academic, personal, and social/emotional needs, and must be able to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty. The ideal candidate will possess both experience and an advanced degree in adolescent counseling and be familiar with reading and summarizing psycho-educational reports and other types of evaluations. In addition, the candidate will be familiar with Social and Emotional Learning principles and have demonstrated experience designing and teaching this type of program for Middle School students. The position requires empathy, energy, creativity, organization, and a strong commitment to a lively community of students and educators.
The Seven Hills School, Cincinnati, Ohio
The Seven Hills School seeks an outgoing, highly organized, experienced person for the position of Communications Specialist to join the Communications & Marketing Department. The Communications Specialist will produce content for the school newsletter, magazine, and other vehicles. The position reports to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
- Collaborate with the Writer & Project Manager to systematically manage and execute the gathering of news, writing, photography, and online publishing of the school newsletter, The Buzz.
- Contribute to social media strategy and execution.
- Write, proofread, edit, and be edited to ensure all written content meets objectives and is error free.
- Actively cultivate and maintain relationships with school leaders and faculty to facilitate a continuous flow of school-related news and photography opportunities for school publications.
- Photograph large and small events, on and off-campus. Establish, manage and maintain a highly organized system for digitally storing a large photo library on the school server.
- Some evening and weekend assignments.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to write effectively for a variety of media and audiences.
- Superb oral and written communication skills, and mastery of grammar.
- Strong experiences in social media.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, maintain a full pipeline of editorial content, and produce highly effective results on deadline.
- Operate as a self-starter, with the ability to effectively manage simultaneous assignments independently to successful conclusions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of constituencies, including colleagues, students, families of students, alumni, friends of the school, etc.
- Knowledge in the use of digital single-lens reflex camera (DSLR).
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
- 2-5 years professional experience as a highly effective writer in news, creative agencies, philanthropic foundations, and/or corporate environments.
- 3 years experience managing multiple simultaneous projects, meeting goals, deadlines and budgets.
- A representative collection of writing samples will be required upon request.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by January 30, 2016. No phone calls, please.
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM LEADER
The Seven Hills School seeks a part-time Afterschool Program Leader for our After the Bell enrichment program. The hours are primarily Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 6:00 PM but may vary due to staffing needs.
The Program Leader is responsible for ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. Safety and providing an orderly environment both in and out of the classroom is a priority. The ideal candidate would have previous experience working with school-aged children in an academic or recreational setting.
Substitute Teachers needed for grades PreK-12th Grade in a range of disciplines. Substitute pay is $100 per day (8:00 am-3:30pm). Candidates should be college graduates.
Once received, materials will be forwarded to the divisional substitute coordinators for review. They will contact candidates should they have questions regarding an application.