|Employment Opportunities at The Seven Hills School|
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation, and a copy of his/her transcript to Andi Guess, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail materials to Andi Guess at The Seven Hills School, 5400 Red Bank Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227.
The Database Administrator is a member of the Development Office. This position is responsible for managing the Raiser’s Edge database, which includes the maintenance of records. A successful candidate understands their role is a service one, designed to assist fellow colleagues in fundraising success. This individual will communicate regularly with fundraising staff and will be responsible for all gift processing as well as providing information from the database, as needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with fundraising staff to develop ways to strengthen quality of data, maintain and expand reporting capabilities, and monitor upgrades in order to best utilize Raiser’s Edge to advance Seven Hill’s fundraising, donor relations, and alumni programs.
- Oversee the development, updating, and testing of all reports for tracking progress and supplying statistics for overall advancement activity including annual fund, endowment, capital, special gifts, and planned giving. Such reports include, but are not limited to, solicitor reports, progress to goal reports, donor lists, proposal reports, action reports, gift reports, pledge payment reports, and pledge tracking reports.
- Assist, as needed, in maintaining electronic and hard files for endowment, major gift, and planned giving prospects and donors by recording activity in Raiser’s Edge, including prospect management, movement on proposals, action steps, event attendance, correspondence and stewardship activities, and recording prospect ratings, status, and targeting.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing Raiser’s Edge
- Minimum of 2 years gift processing
Long Term Substitute Teacher
The Seven Hills Doherty School is seeking a long term substitute teacher for a multi-aged group of 4th & 5th graders from March through the close of school. Candidates should have a B.S. degree in education, as well as teaching experience. First consideration will be given to those who have taught grades 4-6 but we also welcome applications from those with experience in grades 2-4.
Associate Director of Admission, Early Childhood
The Seven Hills School seeks an outgoing, experienced, goal oriented and highly organized person for the position of Associate Director of Admission to oversee the Early Childhood admission process. The Associate Director will participate in all aspects of the enrollment process, including inquiry cultivation, campus touring, maintaining student/family files, data tracking, admission event planning, and admission/financial aid decisions, for grades pre-kindergarten and kindergarten. This position will also cultivate and support relationships with feeder schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a customer service and sales or marketing related field.
- Knowledge of independent schools is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing, generating and analyzing statistical data.
Knowledge of FileMaker databases and Mac programs are preferred. Facility in managing social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., recommended.
This is full-time, 12-month position with occasional required off-hour attendance and assistance in support of admissions events.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and reference letters to Andi Guess at Andi.Guess@7Hills.org
. No phone calls, please.
Lower School Librarian, Lotspeich
Seven Hills seeks a trained, experienced elementary school librarian to manage reading enrichment and research programs for 240 students in Pre-K through grade 5.
The Lotspeich librarian manages a collection of 15,000 volumes as well as the electronic resources available over our library network. The primary goal of the program is to empower students to be enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers and critical thinkers, and ethical users of information.
Specific responsibilities include:
- managing library resources to ensure that the school library program is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school by:
- maintaining the library’s collection (through shelf-reading, inventory and weeding)
- processing new books, cataloging, ordering
- creating library displays (new books, seasonal topics, high interest, etc.)
- monitoring student engagement in an active learning environment
- teaching weekly reading enrichment and library skills classes to students in Pre-K through 5
- collaborating with classroom teachers and specialists to design and manage research projects to ensure that students and staff are effective users of information.
Candidates are expected to have an MLS degree or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training, which provides a comprehensive knowledge of library procedures.
The ideal candidate will be personable, firm but fair, detail orientated and self-directed. He or she should understand the development of young children, should be knowledgeable about appropriate curriculum and materials, and should be able to work well with able and highly motivated students as well as students with learning differences. The position requires energy, creativity, organization, and a strong commitment to a lively community of students and educators.
Fifth Grade Math and Social Studies Teacher
The Seven Hills School is seeking an energetic, experienced, and team-oriented fifth grade math and social studies teacher for a position that begins August 2017.
The position involves teaching math and social studies in a semi-departmental structure at the Lotspeich School on our Hillsdale campus. There are two sections of fifth grade, each arranged into a homeroom of approximately 17 students. The pair of fifth grade teachers work very closely together in a grade-level team, alongside subject specialists in art, music, drama, physical education, Spanish, and library and research skills.
One homeroom teacher teaches all of the language arts. The other teacher, the position listed here, involves teaching math and social studies.
Social studies classes are taught by both homeroom teachers in collaboration. In addition to geography and map skills, primary and secondary source reading, and research skills, the course is organized around a sustained, year-long immersive study of the colonial United States, beginning with the Age of Exploration through the drafting of the Constitution. The course includes extended research projects and elaborate inter-disciplinary simulations of colonial life.
Math classes are taught in ability groups, with supplementary support of a math enrichment specialist. The program focuses on consolidating the computation and problem-solving skills necessary to prepare students for pre-algebra in grade six. The classroom is rich in technological tools and manipulative materials to help make concepts more concrete.
Middle School Counselor
This full-time position includes counseling students and helping to develop and teach Social and Emotional Learning classes for grades 6-8. Candidates must have excellent skills in working with Middle School students in order to address academic, personal, and social/emotional needs, and must be able to communicate effectively with students, parents, and faculty. The ideal candidate will possess both experience and an advanced degree in adolescent counseling and be familiar with reading and summarizing psycho-educational reports and other types of evaluations. In addition, the candidate will be familiar with Social and Emotional Learning principles and have demonstrated experience designing and teaching this type of program for Middle School students. The position requires empathy, energy, creativity, organization, and a strong commitment to a lively community of students and educators.
The Seven Hills School seeks an Upper School History teacher. The position involves teaching five sections of history with an average class size of 16.
Candidates must have, at minimum, an undergraduate degree in the field and experience teaching high school students. They should be knowledgeable about all aspect of History instruction, including use of instructional technology, and should be eager to work both with exceptionally able and motivated students and with students who are less academically-independent. The ability to teach an English class would be a plus. Candidates should work well with colleagues, have strong organizational skills and habits, and possess a sense of humor and of creativity. In addition to teaching, this position includes normal faculty duties such as advising students, supervising study areas, chaperoning occasional activities, and contributing to another school activity through coaching or through moderating a club.
An equal opportunity employer, Seven Hills encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Substitute Teachers needed for grades PreK-12th Grade in a range of disciplines. Substitute pay is $100 per day (8:00 am-3:30pm). Candidates should be college graduates.
Once received, materials will be forwarded to the divisional substitute coordinators for review. They will contact candidates should they have questions regarding an application.