getting to know you
The Seven Hills School is located in two eclectic suburban neighborhoods in Greater Cincinnati. Our Hillsdale Campus is located at 5400 Red Bank Road in Madisonville and our Doherty Campus is located at 2726 Johnstone Place in East Walnut Hills.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE SEVEN HILLS SCHOOL
The Seven Hills school is warm, respectful, and collaborative workplace, committed to preparing bright, eager young people for meaningful and fulfilling lives. Regardless of one’s role at the school, the work we do is challenging, stimulating, and ennobling, and never, never dull.
In accordance with our mission and values, Seven Hills is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
What We Offer
- Talented, committed students, eager to learn and grow.
- Small classes and pupil loads.
- Ample time to get to know students and to work closely with them.
- Supportive, respectful families who value the work we do.
- Warm, welcoming, collaborative colleagues.
- A friendly, affirming workplace, filled with laughter and good humor.
- Respectful, supportive school leaders who value creativity and initiative.
- A growth-oriented culture, committed to continuous growth and development.
- Freedom to experiment and innovate.
- Bright, open campuses, with state-of-the art facilities and equipment.
Benefits of Employment
- Competitive salaries, benchmarked to the strongest independent schools in the Midwest.
- Generous employee benefits: robust health insurance, retirement plan, life and disability insurance.
- Significant tuition support for employee children.
What We Look For
Though teachers with a wide variety of styles and approaches can excel at Seven Hills, in general, here are the qualities we seek in applicants for teaching positions.
- Teaching Excellence: Seven Hills teachers are highly competent in his or her subject area, have a clear teaching philosophy, compatible with Seven Hills philosophy and values, understands and tailors approaches to developmental needs and individual learning styles, sets high standards for self and students, and is organized, prepared, and disciplined in all responsibilities.
- Cultural Competency: Seven Hills teachers are committed to learning how to understand and interact effectively with people from other cultures and backgrounds and to learning about and utilizing culturally responsive pedagogies.
- Energy and Capacity: Seven Hills teachers demonstrate a passion for teaching; sustain high levels of energy and work ethic; regularly review content, teaching methods, and the organization of teaching material; and communicate enthusiasm for students, for teaching, and for the subjects taught.
- Maturity: Seven Hills teachers are confident and even tempered; demonstrate a zest for life and a sense of humor; work well with teaching colleagues, parents and administrators; treat all members of the community with kindness, respect, honesty and fairness; and address problems and conflicts with honesty and integrity.
- Engagement: Seven Hills teachers are fully engaged in the community; attend faculty meetings, parent conferences, assemblies, and special school events, as required; proactively support students outside of class hours; are available for consultation with colleagues, students, and parents; and assumes an equitable share of roles beyond the classroom (e.g. coaching, advisory, or extra-curricular roles).
- Relating with Students: Seven Hills teachers demonstrate a genuine love of kids, engender respect and eagerness to learn, know well the developmental needs to students that age, and establish positive, supportive relationships with students, while maintaining, at all times, appropriate boundaries.
- A Growth Mindset: Seven Hills teacher demonstrate a passion for learning, look for new ways to reach students or hone one’s craft, seek feedback, recognize emerging problems and seek to resolve them, learn from successes and mistakes, and take an active role in planning and implementing periodic strategic enhancements to the school program.
- Teamwork: Seven Hills teachers work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve shared goals, volunteer for and actively participates in School activities beyond the classroom, and help other teachers and staff colleagues contribute fully and continually develop.
HOW TO APPLY
An equal opportunity employer, Seven Hills values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Candidates should send applications to Andi Guess, administrative assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail materials to Andi Guess at The Seven Hills School, 5400 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227. Full applications should include a cover letter (mentioning you are a CS&A candidate, if applicable), resume, three letters of recommendation, and a copy of university transcripts.
Seven Hills is an independent, nonsectarian college preparatory school. The Seven Hills School is an equal opportunity employer.
Positions for 2021-22
Substitute teachers are needed for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade in a range of disciplines. Substitutes are paid $100 per day. The day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 3:30p.m. Candidates should be college graduates.
Once received, materials will be forwarded to the divisional substitute coordinators for review. They will contact candidates should they have questions regarding an application.
Positions for 2022-23
after the Bell TEacher
For the 2022-23 school year, the Seven Hills School seeks dynamic, innovative individuals committed to teaching the whole child for an opening in our after school program, After the Bell, that serves students in Pre-Kindergarten (beginning at age 2) through 5th grade. Candidates should be eager to work in a collaborative, team-based environment with thoughtful, experienced colleagues who are committed to engaging teaching and learning.
The Program Leader is directly responsible for the planning and successful execution of daily activities and transition times for participants of a specific age. Compensation is based on years of experience.
For more information on this position, click here.
Lotspeich Project Math and STEAM Specialist
Seven Hills seeks a part-time Project Math and STEAM Specialist (.40), likely two days per week, beginning in the 2022-2023 school year.
The Lotspeich Project Math and STEAM Specialist ensures that Seven Hills School provides appropriate math instruction and enrichment based on best practices. The Project Math and STEAM Specialist works directly with students in grades 1-5 and collaboratively with the teachers to ensure that students are progressing in accordance with mathematics benchmarks. The Project Math and STEAM Specialist executes creative, hands-on inquiry based projects that supplement and enhance concepts taught in each grade level math classroom. Each of the projects is cross-curricular and long term. The Project Math and STEAM Specialist is responsible for the long term planning of each project, managing materials and supplemental resources (field trips, speakers, etc) and instilling an enthusiasm for math and its real world application.
For more information on this position’s duties, click here.
Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
For the 2022-23 school year, the Seven Hills School seeks dynamic, innovative individuals committed to teaching the whole child for an opening at the Early Childhood Center, serving students 2 to 4 years of age. Candidates should be eager to work in a collaborative, team-based environment with thoughtful, experienced colleagues who are committed to engaging teaching and learning.
Assistant teachers assist the primary classroom teacher with activities and learning exercises and help them maintain a friendly, inclusive atmosphere for all students. Depending on the needs and class sizes, assistant teachers may take small groups of students aside for separate activities. In addition,
Both full time and part time positions may be available.
For more information on this position, please click here.
Middle School Writing Teacher
For August, 2022, The Seven Hills School, in Cincinnati, Ohio, seeks an energetic, experienced, and team-oriented Middle School Writing teacher.
This full-time position involves teaching several sections of Writing Workshop classes for 7th graders, Creative Writing and Journalism classes for 8th graders, and a section of an interdisciplinary current events course called “It’s Your World.”
The Writing Workshop and Creative Writing classes involve designing engaging writing projects that supplement the writing done in Middle School English classes. The Journalism class teaches journalism skills (reporting, writing, editing, and layout) through the monthly publication of The Hive, the Middle School’s online newspaper. “It’s Your World” is a team-taught class designed to expose 6th graders to relevant global issues and challenges them to research, think, write, and present as engaged citizens of the world.
Candidates must have both excellent writing skills and the ability to design activities and provide feedback that will help students learn to communicate confidently and effectively.
Candidates should also understand (and like) adolescents, be knowledgeable about writing instruction in a variety of genres, and work well with a range of students, both able, highly motivated students as well as students with learning differences. The position requires energy, creativity, organization, and strong collaborative skills.