getting to know you
The Seven Hills School is located in two eclectic suburban neighborhoods in Greater Cincinnati. Our Hillsdale Campus is located at 5400 Red Bank Road in Madisonville and our Doherty Campus is located at 2726 Johnstone Place in East Walnut Hills.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE SEVEN HILLS SCHOOL
HOW TO APPLY
An equal opportunity employer, Seven Hills values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Candidates should send a cover letter (mentioning you are a CS&A candidate, if applicable), resume, three letters of recommendation, and a copy of university transcripts to Andi Guess, administrative assistant to the Head of School, at email@example.com or mail materials to Andi Guess at The Seven Hills School, 5400 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227.
Seven Hills is an independent, nonsectarian college preparatory school. The Seven Hills School is an equal opportunity employer.
WRiter and Project Manager
The Seven Hills School seeks an experienced, highly organized writer for the position of Writer and Project Manager to join the Communications and Marketing Department. The Writer and Project Manager will produce content for the school newsletter and print publications, have responsibility for maintenance of the schools custom WordPress websites, including content development and light programming, and oversee PR strategy and tactics. The position reports to the Director of Communications & Marketing.
- Collaborate colleagues to manage and execute news gathering, copy writing, photography, and publishing of the online school newsletter.
- Develop and write both long-form and shorter editorial pieces for school magazines.
- Actively cultivate and maintain relationships with school leaders and faculty to facilitate a continuous flow of school-related news and photography opportunities for school publications and social media platforms.
- Maintain content and functionality for the school’s custom WordPress websites.
- Write, proofread, edit, and be edited to ensure all written content meets objectives, aligns with standards, and is error free.
- Manage social media strategy and execution.
- Photograph large and small events, on and off-campus. Establish, manage, and maintain a highly organized system for digitally storing large photo libraries on data storage platforms.
- Manage public relations strategy and tactics.
- Some evening and weekend assignments.
- Other duties as required.
Candidates Must Possess the Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience as a highly effective print news journalist/reporter or magazine editorial writer, with deep experience producing short-form and long-form articles.
- 1-2 years’ experience managing front and back ends of WordPress website.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing multiple simultaneous projects, meeting goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- A representative collection of current long- and short-form writing samples upon request.
Skills and Experience for Success in this Position:
- Experience in print news and/or editorial magazine article media
- Experience writing effectively for a variety of audiences and media (print and digital), short and long news pieces, social media posts, web content, and more.
- Expertise in photography and photographic storytelling using a DSLR camera and video equipment and editing software.
- Superb oral and written communication skills, and mastery of AP style and grammar.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage a full pipeline of active projects and deadlines, produce highly effective results on deadline, learn new tricks and refine old ones.
- Operate as a self-starter, with the ability to effectively manage simultaneous assignments independently to successful conclusions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of constituencies, including colleagues, students, families of students, alumni, friends of the school, etc.
- Habit of maintaining a can-do, flexible attitude.
Salary and Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The Seven Hills School is an equal opportunity employer.
JV HEAD BASKETBALL COACH
The Seven Hills School seeks a JV Boys Basketball Head Coach for the Winter 2021-2022 season. This position involves developing and organizing practices and planning and leading the team through a competitive season. The well qualified applicant will possess a strong knowledge of fundamental basketball skills and strategies, team dynamics, and a willingness to work under the direction of the Varsity Head Coach and the Athletics Program. The successful candidate will stress character and personal development both on and off the court.
This is a stipend position. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Athletic Director Scott Willard at Scott.Willard@7hills.org.
After the Bell Program Leader
The After the Bell Program Leader is directly responsible to the Director and Assistant Director of Enrichment. This position is responsible for the planning and successful execution of daily activities and transition times for the Encore Club participants. Children range from ages 2-12, grades pre-k to 5. This is a part time position, working 15-20 hours per week. Hours are 3-6pm daily.
- Preferred bachelor degree or an associates degree in early childhood education or a related field.
- At least 2 years experience working with children in school or child care setting.
- Experience in programming for children, and planning developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ensuring a safe and orderly environment both in and out of the classroom.
- Participate and encourage positive participation of all students in daily activities and events.
- Develop daily lesson plans based on the resources provided by Director and Assistant Director.
- Organize materials and supplies needed for each activity.
- Lead organized activities for students to develop and strengthen their social, physical, and mental skills.
- Supervising children in all areas including within the classroom, and on outdoor play equipment.
- Inspect program areas and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action to prevent injuries.
- Interact professionally and appropriately with parents, teachers, and school staff.
- Comply with all Seven Hills policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings and other events as required by the program.
- Demonstrate the Seven Hills values: Striving for Excellence, Respect for others and appreciation of diversity, Kindness, caring, and compassion, Honesty and integrity, Fairness and justice, Personal responsibility and accountability, and Commitment to community
- Attending all scheduled staff meetings and arriving promptly for shifts.
- Working Holiday Care hours as scheduled, either morning or afternoon shifts. These occur when school is out and child care is provided.
Substitute teachers are needed for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade in a range of disciplines. Substitutes are paid $100 per day. The day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 3:30p.m. Candidates should be college graduates.
Once received, materials will be forwarded to the divisional substitute coordinators for review. They will contact candidates should they have questions regarding an application.