getting to know you
The Seven Hills School is located in two eclectic suburban neighborhoods in Greater Cincinnati. Our Hillsdale Campus is located at 5400 Red Bank Road in Madisonville and our Doherty Campus is located at 2726 Johnstone Place in East Walnut Hills.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE SEVEN HILLS SCHOOL
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send a cover letter (mentioning you are a CS&A candidate, if applicable), resume, three letters of recommendation, and a copy of university transcripts to Andi Guess, administrative assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail materials to Andi Guess at The Seven Hills School, 5400 Red Bank Road, Cincinnati, OH 45227.
Seven Hills is an independent, nonsectarian college preparatory school.
The Seven Hills School is an equal opportunity employer.
Upper School Physical Education Teacher
Associate Director of Development
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for overseeing the Annual Fund, as well as managing a small portfolio of major gift prospects. Major program responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning and executing an Annual Fund of over $1.2M, management of annual fund volunteers, development and execution of micro-campaigns and special fundraising efforts, and developing leadership Annual Fund prospects into major giving prospects. We are currently in the public phase of a $20 million campaign.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter, a creative-thinker, and an action-oriented fundraiser with a sense of urgency and passion for implementing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as a participating and supporting member of a team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute all aspects of the Annual Fund, including developing a yearly strategic plan focused on annual giving solicitations and tactics to achieve the budgeted goal for the school.
- Oversee the development and execution of all annual fund communications and content.
- Focus on renewing and upgrading current donors, as well as increasing the overall participation rate of all constituencies through the acquisition of new donors.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to integrate annual giving and major gift solicitation strategies.
- Collaborate with Director of Alumni Engagement on reunion and other initiatives to increase alumni engagement and leverage alumni relations activities to increase annual giving. Serve as a resource for fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Oversee staff and volunteer outreach efforts that will raise donors’ sights and inspire participation in annual giving.
- Cultivate new and lapsed donors through personal visits.
- Develop relationships with a small portfolio of 30-40 major gift prospects.
- With the Development Associate, manage the annual giving prospect pipeline. Conduct analysis to support data-driven decisions about annual goals and targets.
- Other appropriate duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum five years fundraising experience.
- Experience managing an annual giving program, preferably at an independent school.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
Assistant Teacher, Pre-kindergarten
Seven Hills seeks a full-time assistant teacher to pair with the lead teacher in working with 10 two-year-old students in a stimulating, well-equipped classroom environment.
Experience with young children is required; a degree in early education is preferred.
Success in this position requires a willingness to working closely with colleagues, a warm and open manner with families, and the flexibility to providing assistance to students and colleagues in a variety of ways. This is a great learning opportunity for an early childhood educator, preparing to assume his or her own classroom.
Administrative Assistant (part time, 30 hours/week)
Seven Hills an energetic, technology savvy Administrative Assistant to the Head of the Lotspeich School and to the Director of Technology.
Responsibilities for the Head include:
- Managing the Head’s calendar
- Tracking budgetary expenses
- Work with faculty on scheduling; logistics for field trips; purchasing; helping with supervision at recess and lunchtimes
- Assisting parent volunteers in coordinating special events
Responsibilities for the Director of technology include: (Training will be provided)
- Answering “help desk” technology questions from families
- Data entry for database and address changes
- Copy editing of selected pages on the school website
Substitute teachers are needed for pre-kindergarten through 12th grade in a range of disciplines. Substitutes are paid $100 per day. The day begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 3:30p.m. Candidates should be college graduates.
Once received, materials will be forwarded to the divisional substitute coordinators for review. They will contact candidates should they have questions regarding an application.