The future of Seven Hills athletics includes an investment in our athletic facilities to keep pace with the extraordinary growth of programs for all ages, from Doherty to Lotspeich to our Middle and Upper schools. The Field House Building project supports our athletes and strengthens the values that ground our athletics program—dedication and responsibility, teamwork, and fair play.
Athletics at Seven Hills is comprised of more than 100 teams in 21 sports, made possible by 150 volunteer and paid coaches leading our teams from grades one to 12 every year. This accounts for approximately 750 student athletes in four divisions, meaning that an impressive 82 percent of our student body play on a school sports team.
Construction of a new four-court field house, adjacent to the new tennis courts, will permit Middle and Upper School teams to practice simultaneously. It will also allow Lower School teams to practice earlier, getting our student athletes home by dinner.In the winter season alone, 22 basketball teams share practice and game space in three gymnasiums. The addition of this new facility will make it possible for at least seven teams to play or practice simultaneously, which will, in turn mean that practices can end much earlier in the evening. This new indoor facility will have an impact on more than just the student athletes. The field house will be used extensively during the school day for physical education classes and in the shoulder seasons (late fall and early spring) when inclement weather often forces cancelation of outdoor games and practices.
- 40,000 square feet
- Four basketball/volleyball courts
- Multipurpose room
- Concession stand
- Inclement weather practice facility for all athletic offerings
- Projected completion May 2019
- “Bridge” space for soccer, track, lacrosse, baseball, and softball
- Provides the extra space needed to reduce the overcrowding in our current gyms, reduce the need for late-night weekday practices, and allow students to get home earlier to spend time with their studies, friends, and families