“Every Seven Hills student, on both campuses, will benefit today, and every Seven Hills family long into the future will remember our vision.” — Head of School Chris Garten
This stunning space, at the heart of our school, is a hub of inspiration and creativity all year round, enriching the lives of every Seven Hills student by supporting our performing arts programing and connecting our students to a broader world of ideas. Building on the traditions of Books for Lunch and Creating Conversations, The Schiff Center hosts a vastly expanded series of assembly programs and special events—including visits from artists, entrepreneurs, scientists, politicians, community activists, and thought-leaders from our community and beyond who provoke spirited debate and inspire students in all four divisions to consider new ideas and points of view. With just one building, we’re opening up so many possibilities for our future.
- 43,000 square feet, built on the site of the old tennis courts (adjacent to the Upper and Middle School buildings)
- Auditorium seating for 500 people
- Wing and fly spaces to support larger casts and full-scale scenery
- Green room and dressing rooms
- Dedicated rehearsal spaces
- State-of-the art digital technology to support presentations and performances
- Three large classrooms for our theater, choral, and instrumental ensembles
- A space large enough to bring our entire community together to be challenged and inspired by guest speakers, events and awards ceremonies, and academic competitions
- Unparalleled performance facilities that will give our performing arts and music programs the space and technical capabilities they need to continue expanding and flourishing
- By moving rehearsal and performance spaces for our performing arts classes into the Schiff Center, space will be available in the Donovan Arts Center for our visual arts programs and other classes
Watch the progress of The Schiff Center!