|Employment Opportunities at The Seven Hills School|
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, 3 letters of recommendation, and a copy of his/her transcript to Andi Guess, Administrative Assistant to the Head of School (email@example.com) or mail materials to Andi Guess at The Seven Hills School, 5400 Red Bank Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227.
This position includes the teaching of four (if part time) or five (if full time) sections with an average class size of 16.
1. Strong background in Latin language and literature and ability to communicate this knowledge effectively and enthusiastically.
2. Experience in teaching a range of students in grades 6-12.
3. Enjoyment of, empathy for and ability to work well with adolescents.
4. Ability to work well with colleagues, ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, sense of humor, creativity and high energy.
Fourth/Fifth Grade Teacher
The Seven Hills Doherty School, seeks a full time fourth/fifth grade teacher for the 2016-17 school year. Candidates must have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in education; an advanced degree and classroom experience is preferred, as is an interest or background in science.
Candidates should be able to work well with able and highly motivated students as well as students with a range of learning differences. The position requires energy, creativity, teamwork, and a strong commitment to a lively community of students and educators.
Early Childhood Teaching Position
The Seven Hills School's Lotspeich division seeks a qualified, full-time, lead prekindergarten teacher for the 2016-17 school year.
Housed in our magnificent new Taft Early Childhood Center, our Lotspeich Early Childhood program serves children aged two-years old through kindergarten. The program is research-based, sequential, and designed to the meet developmental needs of young learners.
This position requires a detailed knowledge of early child development and a willingness to collaborate with experienced and knowledgeable colleagues. The successful candidate will demonstrate energy, creativity, warmth, and a proven commitment to early childhood education.
An undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Education and appropriate certification are required. An advanced degree and experience as a lead teacher of children aged two to five are preferred.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be the administration of Seven Hills’ web site, including design and user support, administration of Seven Hills’ Schoology site and support of Seven Hills’ iPad program.
The Seven Hills School supports a 1:1 iPad program for faculty and students in grades 6 - 12, and classroom iPad carts and faculty iPads in grades Prek-5.
The Technology Specialist will also be expected to provide technical support to faculty, staff and students with any and all technology-related issues.
- Administration (design, user support, content maintenance) of the Seven Hills web site
- Administration (configuration, management, user training and support) of the Seven Hills Schoology site
- Support (configuration, management, troubleshooting, user training and support) of iPads and Apple Macintosh computers
- Support (maintenance & configuration, troubleshooting, etc) of all hardware and software
- Detailed experience with web-related technologies, including configuring and maintaining Content Management Systems
- Experience configuring and supporting Learning Management Systems
- Experience with Apple iPad configuration, deployment and troubleshooting
- Thorough knowledge of Apple iOS, OS and hardware (desktops and laptops)
- A dynamic, positive, patient personality along with strong organization and time management skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of technology skills
Additional desired skills/experience:
- Network architecture
- Filemaker database solutions
- Apple servers
- Google for Education
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM LEADER
The Seven Hills School seeks a part-time Afterschool Program Leader for our After the Bell enrichment program. The hours are primarily Monday – Friday from 3:00 – 6:00 PM but may vary due to staffing needs.
The Program Leader is responsible for ensuring a high level of program quality and working to establish a positive relationship with all program participants and their families. Safety and providing an orderly environment both in and out of the classroom is a priority. The ideal candidate would have previous experience working with school-aged children in an academic or recreational setting.
Substitute Teachers needed for grades PreK-12th Grade in a range of disciplines. Substitute pay is $100 per day (8:00 am-3:30pm). Candidates should be college graduates.
Once received, materials will be forwarded to the divisional substitute coordinators for review. They will contact candidates should they have questions regarding an application.